Teaser Tuesday #6

Teaser Tuesday #6
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly book meme that is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Goddess Legacy - Aimee Carter
The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimé e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows. 
Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness...
Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal...
Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another...
James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before...
Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope...
Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.

I'm really enjoying this! In the beginning I wasn't enjoying it much, but I am loving it at the moment!:)
Here is my teaser from location 590 of 4109. :)


"The way Zeus had spoken to her. The way he'd  held her hands. My insides twisted with dread."What did you do Demeter?" I whispered. She reached for me, but I pulled away, and she broke down once more. "I'm so sorry Hera. I wasn't thinking. He offered, and-"


I hope that entices you to read it! :) Have a great week! :)