NaNoWriMo Update: Week 1! + Snippets!


Guys, I'm writing a book! I'm also pretty sure this is the furthest I've ever gotten in any WIP ever. I generally write the first few pages and then...nothing. Because I never used to plan, I just sat down and I thought I'd be able to write a book but this time, I planned quite a bit of my novel beforehand. I knew what my characters' goals were, I knew how their story was going to start and I knew how their story was going to end. So I began writing! 

At first it was easy, I always find a novel easy to start and then it gets more difficult and I start questioning my sanity for trying to write a novel. However, this time I am determined to stick with it.

The first week of NaNoWriMo went very well, I managed to rake up 18,138 words which I'm quite proud of! And I found the novel to be going smoothly. However, it's week 2 and I'll admit it: I'm slightly stuck. My story is halfway through but I'm not happy with how the friendship/romance thing is going nor the recovery process for both characters (each recovering from the loss of a loved one) and UGH IT'S JUST SO COMPLICATED. I'm hoping that everything will start working out shortly and I'm looking at extending the word count. I think I'll aim for around 60 000 - 70 000 because I don't think 50 000 words will be enough for all the words I have to say.

Here are some snippets from my book, if you want to read them!

Caleb is the love interest and Haylie is my protagonist! 



***

***
***

How is your NaNoWriMo going? Are you happy with how your novel is going? Do you think you'll have it finished by the time you've reached 50K? LET ME KNOW!