What I've Been Reading #4


What I've Been Reading (is that even what I called it? I can't even remember) is a post thingy that was inspired by Book Journey's "It's Monday! What are you reading?" that I began writing back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.  I always love seeing what you guys have been reading, what books you've been liking and what books you've been disliking and I thought doing this post every now and then might invite some discussion on what we've all been reading! YAY! 

Hello everybody!

This weekend, I went on a book hunt, specifically for Atonement by Ian McEwan. It all started the day I got my braces (the Thursday before last) and I went into one of the charity stores and there were two copies of Atonement (a book I've been interested in reading) sitting on the shelf, both only 99p which is an incredible bargain! The one had the original black and white cover with the girl sitting on the stairs and the other was the movie cover featuring Keira Knightley and James McAvoy and because I'm trying not to buy books that I don't really really really want, I stupidly didn't get me a copy. A few days later I went to the same charity store and the movie edition was left and yet again, I picked it up, put it down, uhmed and ahed and decided to not buy it (WHY? I DON'T KNOW). A few days later I was watching movie trailers on Youtube and there was a trailer for Atonement and I was like OOH THAT'S THAT BOOK I ACTUALLY REALLY WANT TO READ BUT DIDN'T BUY BECAUSE SOMETIMES most of the time I'M AN IDIOT and wow, the trailer looks so amazing so imagine the book being 37625 times better (because they usually are, right?) so now I was 100% adamant that I needed this book. SO. I looked on various places online but the prices weren't that great, so when my parents said we were taking a trip to explore Bristol and I was like BRILLIANT I MAY FIND ME A COPY MWAHAHA. So we explored Bristol and Clifton and I LOVED IT MUCHLY. We also went to 8 charity stores, I think, (I love charity stores) and most of the places had it but it was either a) Expensive for a second hand book or b) The movie cover. EVENTUALLY we popped into one last secondhand store and there, sitting on the shelf was a copy of Atonement. Pretty edition. Hardcover. £2.49. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT.

Lydia: The Wild Girl of Pride and PrejudiceWhat's a Girl Gotta Do?

I haven't read much this week, I finished two books but they were really enjoyable SO YAY. I read Lydia: The Wild Girl of Pride and Prejudice by Natasha Farrant which was SO ADORABLE and I really want to try reading more Jane Austen now! I also read What's A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne and I LOVED IT. It was so eye-opening seeing the everyday sexism that still occurs and also learning more about feminism itself and getting to spend time with Lottie, Amber and Evie - three of my favourite characters in YA fiction!

 I'm currently not reading anything as I finished What's A Girl Gotta Do? last night and I haven't managed to start a new book yet!

DOMINION BY JOHN CONNOLLY AND JENNIFER RIDYARD. UM. GUYS. REMEMBER LAST WEEK I SAID I GOT AN EBOOK VERSION? THE PUBLISHERS SENT ME A PAPERBACK VERSION THIS WEEK. I MAY HAVE CRIED I WAS SO HAPPY.



That's what I'm hoping to read this week - but hopefully I'll get around to reading some other books too! My maths and physics books are arriving in a few days though and I need to make sure I get A/A* in my A levels so I'm not sure how it's going to affect my reading...WISH ME LUCKY. 

What books have you recently read? What are you currently reading? What are you reading next? LET'S CHAT!