Readathon Challenges - Biannual Bibliothon, 24 in 48 and Booktubeathon (even though I'm not a booktuber but hey, why not)


So, I've decided to do something crazy (and very fun) and that crazy-yet-very-fun thing happens to be...participating in not one but two reading challenges. It was initially three (I was going to try to do the 24 in 48 reading challenge but I don't think I could've managed that). I'm on summer holiday, I'm volunteering 3 times a week and as the library has been quite quiet lately, I get around 3 hours of pure reading time. This opportunity probably won't come around again, so time to seize the moment. YAS.

I'll link the videos explaining the biannual bibliothon and booktubeathon here and here! Basically, they are week long reading challenges where you try to read as many books as possible. Biannual bibliothon (bibib for short) started yesterday (the 23rd) and runs until the 29th of July (next Saturday!) and Booktubeathon runs from the 24th of July until the 30th of July. There are also challenges you can complete which I'll try my best to do! 

I've created a TBR pile and I've chosen books that can work towards both of the readathons' challenges and I'll try to read as many as possible. However, I doubt I'll be able to read seven books this week as I'm not a very fast reader and the books I've chosen aren't very thin either. My main goal is just to read as much as possible for several hours a day which hopefully I'll be able to manage! 

WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU,

THE CHALLENGES: (Booktubeathon)
1. Read a book with a person on the cover
The Archived (The Archived, #1)

For this I'm choosing The Archived! I've heard so many amazing things about this book and I am BEYOND excited to read it!


2. Read a hyped book
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)


This trilogy – and V.E. Schwab in general – has been receiving so much hype! It's one of the books I have to read for my book club and it's due back the first day of August so it's time to get a move on and read it!


3. Finish a book in one day
The Hiding Place

I'm going to say The Archived again (352 pages) or The Hiding Place (218 pages) – which I should be able to manage!

4. Read about a character that is very different from you
And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)

I've heard the main character is brutal and cruel and I like to think I don't share those traits with her.

5. Finish a book completely outdoors
I generally love reading outside but it's literally been raining 24/7 here the past week so I think I'll stay inside, thanks. IF there's sun – which I doubt – I'll try reading The Hiding Place outside.

6. Read a book you got because of the cover
Barefoot on the Wind (The Moonlit Lands, #2)The Archived (The Archived, #1)

I don't think I've ever got a book purely based on the cover. HOWEVER, The Archived and Barefoot on the Wind definitely intrigued me because of their gorgeous covers. I MEAN, JUST LOOK AT THEM.

7. Read seven books
HAHAHAHAHA. That's cute. If I read three books that'll be an achievement.

THE CHALLENGES: Biannual Bibliothon (BIBIB for short)
1. Group book challenge
have reserved a copy of Flame in the Mist but I don't think I'll get it in before the challenge is over. Fingers crossed I will, but I doubt it.

2. Read a book from one of the host's favourite genres. These happen to be magical realism, historical fiction, high fantasy, diverse books, dystopian/sci-fi, paranormal, urban fantasy
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)

For this I'm choosing high fantasy and going with A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab!

3. Banned book
FAHRENHEIT 451. I'm literally so amped to read this. I have no idea what it's about except there's book burning involved (MY HEART, IT BLEEDS) but hopefully I'll love it!

Fahrenheit 451

4. Throwback challenge (I'm choosing retelling!)
Barefoot on the Wind (The Moonlit Lands, #2)

Barefoot on the Wind is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and it's set in a fictional Japan so if that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will.

5. Book to movie adaptation
I Capture the Castle

I Capture the Castle looks so adorable and I think I'm going to love both the book and the movie!

6. Book seen other than booktube
Barefoot on the Wind, The Hiding Place or I Capture the Castle!

7. LGBTQIA+
I haven't chosen a book for this challenge because – please don't hate, it's personal preference – I don't really feel comfortable reading books in that category. I mean no offence but like I said, personal preference.  

THE TBR (in pictures):